Share Mission Statement
Share believes every person counts. Together we pursue a stronger community by building relationships, advocating for equitable access to housing and food stability while empowering every individual to grow and thrive.
Share Vision Statement
Share envisions a community without hunger, where all people have safe and adequate housing and the skills to enhance their quality of life.
Share at a Glance
Share provides services to individuals and families and prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, economic status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation and marital or family status.
At Share, we provide a spectrum of services—from the Outreach team on the streets to emergency shelters and free nutritious meals, to the Backpack program feeding hungry children and subsidized housing for low-income individuals and families, to a matched savings program and permanent housing, and so much more.
Click here to learn more about our spectrum of services.
- 2020 Annual Report: One Page Summary
- 2019 Annual Report: One Page Summary
- 2018 Annual Report: One Page Summary
- 2017 Annual Report: One Page Summary
- 2016 Annual Report: One Page Summary
- 2016 Annual Report: 12-page booklet
Some of Our Accomplishments in 2020:
- Share stepped up to distribute funds from the Emergency Rent Assistance Program, helping 783 households stay in their homes.
- Our Hot Meals program quickly switched to to-go meals & counts hitting historically high numbers at 9,500+ per month.
- Staff remained on the front lines connecting our unhoused neighbors to needed social services & housing, helping them to stay safe & healthy.
- Our Backpack program adapted for remote learning: 500 kid-friendly food boxes to 33 schools, 650+ bags
of non-perishable food to 63 schools, & 35 ‘hotel’ bags with easy-to-prepare foods.
Sources of Our Funding in 2020
- Government Grants $11,741,939
- Private Donations & Grants $1,235,853
- In-Kind Donations $436,107
- Development|Events|Mailings $257,890
- Rent & Student Employment Reimb. $192,795
- Investment Return & Misc. Revenue $11,996
How Our Money Was Spent in 2020
- Shelter System $2,533,420
- Meal & Nutrition Programs $738,210
- Supportive Services $551,668
- Housing Programs $7,625,174
- Development|Events|Mailings $435,399
- Administration $1,396,180
2020 Net Assets: $9,984,837
Confidentiality & Privacy Policies
The Notice of Privacy Practices is to ensure that all Share Employees and Business Associates preserve the integrity and confidentiality of client protected health information (PHI) consistent with the privacy rules of Washington, the federal Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), and under general, professional ethics. This Notice of Privacy Practices also specifies client rights regarding the use of their protected health information (PHI), and to describe and maintain a process for filing a complaint in the event a client feels those rights have been violated.