It was a magical evening at our “Harry Potter & the Cauldron of Soup” Soup’s On! event on Sunday evening at ilani.
Thank you for helping to pack the ballroom which was filled with 800+ guests and 100+ volunteers, with a majority of you garbed in your best Hogwarts robes, house colors or channeling their favorite character.
In addition to raising vital funds to support Share’s programs and services, we’d like to once again recognize this year’s winning chefs:
• People’s Choice & Golden Ladle Award to Tim Conklin at Line & Lure at ilani for Smoked Steelhead Chowder
• Chef’s Choice Award: It was a Tie! Bonnie Brasure at Bleu Door Bakery for Hungarian Horntail Mushroom Soup and Tim McCusker at Feast 316 for Hog(warts) Funghi Stew with Nagini Sausage Crouton (Wild Boar & Wild Mushroom Stew with Rattlesnake Sausage Crouton)
• Presenting Sponsor Award to Tanner Genck at AC Hotel for “Hogsmeade Stew”
Thanks also to these fabulous chefs who competed this year:
- Mike Culver at Beaches Restaurant & Bar with Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Marian Adams at Frontier Public House with Fleur Delacour’s Champignon Onion Soup
- Bob Rasaphangthong at Nom Nom Restaurant & Grill with Creamy Tom Yum
- Peter Galin at Say Ciao! with NW Chilled Grilled Sweet Corn and Potato Leek Vichyssoise with Dill
- Jason Pinney at 3 Sheets at the Harbor with Seafood Chowder
Volunteer of the Year & Community Partner Awards
During the program, we also honored our 2022 Volunteer of the Year Karen Leffel, Youth Volunteer of the Year Rosa Bartle and Community Partner Award to University of Portland School of Nursing and Health Innovation.
You can hear directly from Karen and Rosa, as well as Joan Caley and Linda Smith, who accepted the Community Partner Award on the university’s behalf.
Thank You to All Our Sponsors!
We are incredibly grateful to our amazing sponsors, who are all featured in the magical Harry Potter-themed thank you video.