“Before, we never had a place to get out of the weather and we’d just be miserable and unhappy. The Day Center has been truly lifesaving for us,” Share Outreach Client
Homeless Day Center Opens
Daily living services are available Saturday-Sunday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Day Center located at Friends of the Carpenter, 1600 W 20th Street. Share Outreach serves more than 880 hard-to-reach and hard-to-serve homeless individuals each year.
Services include resource brokering and accepting client mail. Access to showers, clothing and hygiene items are provided through a sign-up system, Monday-Friday starting at 8:30 a.m. Laundry services are also provided through a sign-up system, Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 8:30 a.m. Outreach workers also go out into the community to provide services to clients.
Additionally, case managers meet with clients on a one-to-one basis to assist them in accessing existing social services, stable housing situations or to assist with whatever needs they may have. Much work is also focused on the area of addressing issues pertaining to mental illness and alcohol and chemical dependencies.
Donations for Share Outreach are always needed and much appreciated. We ask that all donated items be provided in gently-used or new condition.
For Men, Women and Teens:
- Clothing of all types: jeans, sweatshirts, t-shirts, socks, etc.
- Backpacks, sleeping bags, blankets, tarps
- Rain gear: raincoats, umbrellas, etc.
- Personal hygiene items (individual sizes of all items preferred): men’s & women’s deodorant, disposable razors, shaving cream, shampoo, conditioner, hair brushes, hand sanitizer, bars of soap, dental floss, mouth wash, toothbrushes
- Bath towels
- Toilet paper & paper towels
For more information on Share Outreach, contact Olivia Resnick, Share Housing First Director, at 360-952-8146.